Nicole LaPorte is an LA-based writer for Fast Company who writes about where technology and entertainment intersect. In a previous life, she covered film and wrote a book about it, called The Men Who Would Be King: Movies, Moguls, and a Company Called DreamWorks.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How Smosh Evolved From Pokemon Videos To A Multi-Media Brand
- How Mobile Game Company Seriously Aims To Reverse-Engineer Hollywood
- Cosmetic Changes: How Smashbox Rewrote The Makeup Marketing Playbook
- How Couches, Collaboration, And The Ultimate People Connector Keep HBO On Top
- How Director Asif Kapadia Made A Heartbreaking Musical From The Life Of Amy Winehouse
- "Selma" Director Ava DuVernay: "The Best Creativity Happens Within Limits"
- Can Netflix Make Your TV Smarter?
- Passing The Barf Test: How Kay Cannon Went From Improv To Pitch Perfect
- Can The ACLU Fix Hollywood's Gender Problem?
- Ava DuVernay
- Brett Kopf and David Kopf
- The Writer-Directors Of "The D Train" On Writing Creepy-Funny Scripts
- Sibyl Goldman
- Oprah Announces A New Reality Show
- How "Kung Fury" Went From A Career Hail Mary To Kickstarter Hit, Cannes Entry, And Hollywood Feature