Nicole LaPorte is an LA-based writer for Fast Company who writes about where technology and entertainment intersect. In a previous life, she covered film and wrote a book about it, called The Men Who Would Be King: Movies, Moguls, and a Company Called DreamWorks.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Beyond Netflix And Chill: How What You Stream Affects Your Sex Life
- Can Facebook Predict This Year's Super Bowl Audience?
- How A $17 Million Sundance Deal Makes The Case For Seeing Movies In Theaters
- How Social Media is Pushing Hollywood to Fix Its Diversity Problem
- Facebook And Nielsen Roll Out New Social Content Ratings
- How Ipsy Founder Michelle Phan Is Using Influencers To Reinvent The Cosmetics Industry
- The Real Reporters Behind "Spotlight" On Reliving The Facts And Accepting The Fiction
- How Writer/Director Peter Landesman Took on the NFL With 'Concussion'
- This Californian Urban Farm Is A Glimpse Into The Future Of Agriculture
- Director Catherine Hardwicke Speaks Out Against Hollywood's Gender Imbalance
- Why WhoSay Flipped The Script To Connect Big Brands With Superstar Celebs
- "Suffragette" Director Sarah Gavron On Fixing The Gender Imbalance In Filmmaking
- Does Snapchat Have Star Wars In Its Future?
- Inside Netflix's $12-Million, Oscar-Seeking Gamble On "Beasts Of No Nation"
- How to Succeed in ShondaLand