Jay Cassano is senior writer at Fast Co.Labs where he covers the intersection of tech and politics. This week he's filling in at Co.Exist. His writing has also appeared in The Nation, In These Times, and Al Jazeera America.
Jay previously worked as a foreign correspondent based in Istanbul, Turkey and still writes about the Middle East. He currently co-edits the Turkey section for Jadaliyya, an independent website providing analysis on the Middle East and North Africa. A former Drupal developer, he'd love to chat with you about the politics of software and/or the software of politics.
He read a lot of Walter Benjamin in college and his favorite sci-fi author is Ursula K. Le Guin.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- A Worker Cooperative That Proves Alternative Economic Systems Aren't Only For The Privileged
- An Occupy-Inspired App That Helps Groups Make Actual Group Decisions
- Can Bitcoin Help Migrant Workers?
- It's Tax Time: Do You Know What You're Paying For?
- This Interactive Space Lets You Know What It's Like To Walk Through A Minefield
- Direct Democracy In Action: Voting On How The Government Spends Your Money
- LGBT Programmers Speak Out On Mozilla's Anti-Gay-Marriage CEO
- Watch 40 Years Of Wind Farms Spreading Across The Country
- New York Tries To Figure Out How To Regulate Bitcoin
- Aaron Swartz Anniversary Hacks Hit Dropbox, Microsoft, MIT
- Most Daring Outlaw Hackers of 2013
- How Privacy Software Improved In 2013 Following The NSA Revelations
- This Badass 3-D Camera Array Could Revolutionize Entertainment
- Finally, A Way Everyone Can Keep Their Data From the NSA
- #Antisec Hacktivist Jeremy Hammond Given Maximum Sentence