advertisement
advertisement
advertisement
Most Innovative Companies

Flatiron Health

Only 3% of cancer patients in the U.S. enroll in clinical trials, and it’s only that 3% that researchers are able to learn from. The information on the other 97% of patients is lost, locked up in lots of different electronic health records. Flatiron “unlocks” those patient experiences, pulling oncology data from 2.2 million active patient records and organizing it so that cancer researchers, drug developers, and clinicians can learn from the experience of every cancer patient. Flatiron partners with more than 280 community oncology practices, seven major academic research centers, and the top 15 oncology companies. In February 2018, drug maker Roche acquired Flatiron in a $1.9 billion deal that leaves the company free to work with competitors like Bristol-Myers Squibb, which in May 2018 entered into a three-year agreement to use Flatiron’s real-world data to develop experimental cancer drugs.

Lists
2019: Biotech
Data
headquarters: New York City
Flatiron Health On The Web
advertisement
advertisement