Fast Company is hiring an energetic journalist to contribute to its award-winning Co.Design section. This is a daily reporting and writing job, using design as a lens onto the biggest business, culture, and technology stories of the day. If you are as intrigued by logo controversies as you are by how major companies are redesigning their products and supply chains to reduce environmental impact, this is a great job for you. The right candidate:
- Is comfortable writing everything from short, reported news posts to 1,500-word features
- Can meet daily deadlines and adapt to the demands of a fast-paced newsroom
- Generates sharp story ideas that are timely and creative, and that resonate with a broad audience
- Can juggle daily assignments with longer-term reporting projects
- Has an intellectual curiosity about design and wants to explore the ways it shapes the world around us
This is freelance contract position that pays $4,500 a month with the expectation of writing around five digital articles a week. Remote applicants are welcome. To apply, send your résumé, three to five story ideas, and a short note explaining why you’re interested in the job to Co.Design editor Suzanne LaBarre: suzannelabarre at gmail dotcom.