Known for its minimalist, durable rollaboard suitcases and accessories, Away has never discounted its bags before. But 2020 has ushered in a lot of firsts (especially for brands in the travel space), and now you can pick up some of the company’s luggage at a heavy discount in preparation for the moment when jetsetting becomes less of a grit-your-teeth experience.
So while you may not be shoving an Expandable Bigger Carry-On into the overhead bin of an airplane cabin anytime soon, you might be tempted to buy it anyway for 50% off—$147, down from $295. And since the sale only runs through September 15, we recommend that you don’t wait around to shop. Seriously, the site already crashed once.
Here are a few of the products we are most excited to see at these new prices.
- The water-resistant, pocket-filled Everywhere bag is a perfect travel companion or weekender bag—and it’s currently priced at $97 (regularly $195).
- The Expandable Bigger Carry-On is the bag that can sneakily expand, so you can pack everything you need and never have to check it. It’s normally $295, but has been reduced to $147.
- Looking for larger luggage? The Expandable Large suitcase is only $172 (regularly $345) and the Expandable Medium suitcase is $162 (regularly $325). Both feature water-resistant nylon and 360º spinner wheels. (One FC editor swears by the Large—$147, usually $295—which she says can hold an entire family’s clothes, plus holiday presents.)
- If you’re as organized as I’d like to be when I travel, chances are you have a thing for packing cubes. The compressing Insider Packing Cubes includes a set of six organizers that fit perfectly inside Away’s luggage—it’s currently on sale for $32 (regularly $65)
- If you want something for everyday use, you can never go wrong with a tote. Both the Latitude Tote (horizontally shaped) and the Longitude Tote (taller) are made from premium leather and are reduced to a price of $122 (regularly $245).
- Hallelujah—a quality kids’ carry-on for less than $100. The this one comes in eight different colors and is currently priced at $97 (regularly $195).
There are a dozen other bags, suitcases, and organizers that are also discounted—so we recommend looking for yourself and shopping the entire Away sale collection.
Looking for more recommendations? Check out our other handpicked suggestions.
- This sports bra is the hands down best I’ve ever worn
- The best sustainable brands that you aren’t shopping with yet
- Why Thrive Market is the online grocer you should be shopping with
- I’ve worked remotely across the country for years. Here’s my setup
- You should invest in a UV sanitizer. Here’s why
- This face mask made by an MIT-founded fashion brand is the best we’ve found yet
- Yale’s most popular online course ever is now available to take for free
Fast Company may receive revenue for some links to products on our site.