Also in today’s Journal is a nice one-two punch of Peter Drucker, who passed away Friday. With Drucker’s death, the world of work loses one of its brightest lights, but his lessons — his ideas about leadership — remain.
One of Drucker’s most basic principles is that business is about people. (Subscription required.) Some highlights:
- Management is about human beings.
- Management is deeply embedded in culture.
- Every enterprise is a learning and teaching institution.
- Profitability is not the purpose of… business.
- True marketing starts out … with the customer.
And on the op-ed page, the Journal shares even more of Drucker’s wisdom. (Subscription required.)
Mr. Drucker, we’ll miss you. Rest in peace.