So you’re sick of carrying Susie’s weight and you’re even more fed up with your boss turning his cheek….
In chapter seven of our book — “Deliver Bad News, and Do It Well” — we include the following list of “Eleven Things We Tell Ourselves to Avoid Giving Bad News.”
- I don’t think she can handle it.
- I’ll hurt his feelings.
- She will get emotional.
- He will get defensive.
- I’m sure that she already knows.
- He should already know.
- She will think that I’m singling her out.
- It’s only my opinion.
- He will think that I do not like him.
- It will ruin our relationship.
- The situation may take care of itself.
Any of these sound familiar?