- Will FedEx retain top Kinkos managers and let them run the business or try to provide “consulting” and centralize certain functions? What’s its track record on this score?
- How much overlap is there betwen existing FedEx offices and Kinkos shops; how many redundancies will be eliminated?
- Will FedEx counters really draw more printing customers to Kinkos?
- Will the FedEx delivery service somehow be used to deliver to Kinkos’ customers?
- FedEx is borrowing all but $750 million of the $2.5 billion purchase price; will it have the cash flow, capital and borrowing power to expand Kinkos or its core businesses?
- Will UPS expand its UPS stores to compete with Kinkos?
- How can UPS counter the FedEx purchase of Kinkos, or does it need to?
- Kinkos is a marginally profitable business; with the new overhead (depreciation, corporate, etc.), will FedEx be able to increase its profitability?
- Will Kinkos’ pricing power be helped or hurt? FedEx’s?
World Changing Ideas
New workplaces, new food sources, new medicine--even an entirely new economic system.
The major tech ecosystems that battle for our attention and dollars.
What’s next for hardware, software, and services.
The brave new world of automation, from AI to drones.
How our urban centers are building toward the future.
Most Creative People
See members of our Most Creative People in Business community: leaders who are shaping the future of business in creative ways.
An award-winning team of journalists, designers, and videographers who tell brand stories through Fast Company's distinctive lens.