- Will FedEx retain top Kinkos managers and let them run the business or try to provide “consulting” and centralize certain functions? What’s its track record on this score?
- How much overlap is there betwen existing FedEx offices and Kinkos shops; how many redundancies will be eliminated?
- Will FedEx counters really draw more printing customers to Kinkos?
- Will the FedEx delivery service somehow be used to deliver to Kinkos’ customers?
- FedEx is borrowing all but $750 million of the $2.5 billion purchase price; will it have the cash flow, capital and borrowing power to expand Kinkos or its core businesses?
- Will UPS expand its UPS stores to compete with Kinkos?
- How can UPS counter the FedEx purchase of Kinkos, or does it need to?
- Kinkos is a marginally profitable business; with the new overhead (depreciation, corporate, etc.), will FedEx be able to increase its profitability?
- Will Kinkos’ pricing power be helped or hurt? FedEx’s?
The apps, books, movies, music, TV shows, and art are inspiring our some of the most creative people in business this month
Strong Female Lead
The struggles and triumphs of prominent women in leadership positions
The major tech ecosystems that battle for our attention and dollars
What’s next for hardware, software, and services
Most Innovative Companies
Our annual guide to the businesses that matter the most
Most Creative People
Leaders who are shaping the future of business in creative ways
World Changing Ideas
New workplaces, new food sources, new medicine--even an entirely new economic system
Innovation By Design
Celebrating the best ideas in business
An award-winning team of journalists, designers, and videographers who tell brand stories through Fast Company's distinctive lens