- Idea Factories Leave invention to those who are best at it.
- Reinvent Venture Capital In line with the failure of so many innovation stage-gate processes or funnels in large companies, the venture
capital industry is overdue for a major shake up.
- Learn from Biological Systems Evolution has had the benefit of millions of years of experimentation. Learning from living systems is a great way to bootstrap our understanding.
- Combinatorics Once an obscure term in math textbooks, combinatorics is just a fancy word for the process of recombination. Recombining ideas, people, and products is the way of the future.
- Learn from Other Disciplines and Industries Jeff Immelt said, “The day of the one-dimensional manager is over.” The key to achieve innovation by gaining insights from other areas is communication.
The apps, books, movies, music, TV shows, and art are inspiring our some of the most creative people in business this month
Strong Female Lead
The struggles and triumphs of prominent women in leadership positions
The major tech ecosystems that battle for our attention and dollars
What’s next for hardware, software, and services
Most Innovative Companies
Our annual guide to the businesses that matter the most
Most Creative People
Leaders who are shaping the future of business in creative ways
World Changing Ideas
New workplaces, new food sources, new medicine--even an entirely new economic system
Innovation By Design
Celebrating the best ideas in business
An award-winning team of journalists, designers, and videographers who tell brand stories through Fast Company's distinctive lens