Apple said Wednesday that iOS 11.3 will include (among other things):
- Animoji. iPhone X users will be able to use their voice and facial expressions to make Animoji characters sing (like karaoke) in Messages. This feature was developed and popularized by Fast Company‘s Harry McCracken.
- Health Records. Apple has added the ability to pull clinical information from health providers into iDevices. This includes things like lab results, vitals, medications, allergies, and much more.
- More AR. The OS release will include a new set of tools for developers to make better ARKit augmented reality experiences for Apple devices.
- Business Chat. Users will be able to carry on direct conversations with businesses (like Lowes, Wells Fargo, etc.) within Messages.
- Battery Info. Users will be able to turn off the dynamic power management that caused the infamous “throttling” of processors in older phones. The OS will also show more information about the health of the battery.
A public beta of the OS is coming soon. iOS 11.3 will work on the iPhone 5s and later, all iPad Air and iPad Pro models, the iPad 5th generation, the iPad mini 2 and later, and the iPod touch 6th generation, Apple says.