AltSchool launched four years ago with a private lab school in downtown San Francisco. There, educators and engineers worked in collaboration to build software-based tools for student learning and school management.
Now the company is preparing to sell those same digital tools to any school, public or private, as part of its ambitious vision to transform education. This fall, a small group of pilot partners will implement the AltSchool platform in their schools. And today, AltSchool announced the addition of five new executive team members:
• Chief impact officer: Devin Vodicka, previously superintendent of Vista Unified School District
• VP of schools: Sam Franklin, previously district leader for Pittsburgh Public Schools
• VP of growth: Ben Kornell, previously COO of Envision Charter Schools
• VP of pedagogy: Colleen Broderick, previously chief learning designer for ReSchool Colorado
• VP of operations and services: Laura Modi, previously director of hospitality at Airbnb.
They will be working toward the AltSchool’s 2020 target date, at which point the B-Corp expects to be able to offer its platform to schools of any type. AH