Though many in Silicon Valley lean Democratic, there are plenty of wealthy tech execs who have libertarian values and agree with the Republican’s anti-regulatory message, says the Wall Street Journal. Despite that, however, Donald Trump is having problems raising cash from the Valley. Here’s five reasons why, reports the WSJ:
1) He hasn’t reached out to discuss policy.
2) He hasn’t developed a tech/innovation platform.
3) He’s attacked tech giants like Apple.
4) His get-tough policies on immigration and trade conflict with the industry.
5) He’s culturally out of step with his offensive comments—even Peter Thiel hasn’t actually donated money to him.