Fast Company is hiring an Assistant News Editor to edit breaking news and help manage our social media accounts. The Assistant News Editor manages a small team of staff and freelance writers.
The ideal candidate:
- Has demonstrable experience as a business and technology reporter or editor
- Has helped manage social media platforms for a professional news organization
- Is conscientious and obsessed with accuracy
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Uses social media platforms (including Twitter) as a reporting tool
- Is available to work evening and weekend shifts
This is an in-office job and is based in New York City only.
To apply, please send your CV and three links to your written work to Anjali Mullany, Senior Editor: email@example.com. Please write “ASSISTANT NEWS EDITOR APPLICATION” in the subject line of your email.