Above, assorted Most Creative Alumni organized by year. Below, more alumni and what they're up to now.
- Since Scott Forstall’s exit, Jonathan Ive (2009) has added software design to his Apple hardware design duties.
- Though Justin Bieber is now Twitter’s most popular, Lady Gaga (2010) has a new album and a role in the Robert Rodriguez flick Machete Kills.
- Wadah Khanfar (2011) resigned as director of Al-Jazeera and founded a pro-reform think tank called the Sharq Forum.
- Ma Jun (2012) continues as director of the Institute of Public and Environmental Affairs, lately working on pollution in Beijing.
- As director of engineering, Singularity University founder Ray Kurzweil (2010, rank: 62) is designing superintelligent robots.
- ReCaptcha founder Luis von Ahn (2010, rank: 56), whose company Google acquired in 2009, helped create language-learning site Duolingo.
- Tara Walpert Levy (2011, rank: 81), previously president of ad firm Visible World, is now Google’s managing director of ads marketing.
- Jon Rubinstein (2009, rank: 9) resigned from HP after the disastrous 2011 TouchPad.
- Though officially booted as Apple SVP in late 2012, Scott Forstall (2011, rank: 2) remains for now an adviser to CEO Tim Cook.
- Both Groupon founder Andrew Mason (2010, rank: 96) and JCPenney’s Ron Johnson (2012, rank: 4) were dismissed from their CEO positions earlier this year due to the poor financial performance of their respective companies.
A version of this article appeared in the June 2013 issue of Fast Company magazine.
Slideshow Credits: 01 / ART STREIBER/AUGUST; 02 / DAVID PAUL MORRIS/BLOOMBERG VIA GETTY IMAGES; 05 / MICHAEL KOVAC/WIREIMAGE/GETTY IMAGES; 08 / MATTHEW STYLIANOU/CORBIS OUTLINE; 09 / GRETCHEN ERTL/REDUX; 10 / SMALLZ & RASKIND/CONTOUR BY GETTY IMAGES; 11 / KEVIN P. CASEY/REDUX; 12 / JIM MCISAAC/GETTY IMAGES; 15 / MICHAEL FALCO; 17 / MAX WHITTAKER/REDUX; 18 / XINHUA/EYEVINE/REDUX; 20 / MIKE MCGREGOR/CONTOUR BY GETTY IMAGES; 21 / DREW HALLOWELL/PHILADELPHIA EAGLES/GETTY IMAGES; 24 / DAVID YELLEN/CORBIS OUTLINE; 25 / PETER DASILVA/REDUX; 26 / KIRILL KUDRYAVTSEV/AFP/GETTY IMAGES; 28 / STEPHEN LOVEKIN/GETTY IMAGES FOR THE WOMEN’S SPORTS FOUNDATION; 29 / JAIME LAUREN;