Think about it, the sheer number of places you
receive messages each day.
Here’s mine on any given day where someone usually
expect an answer, reply or comment:
- Email–Business account, personal account, spam
- Facebook Personal Page–Wall posts, comments,
friend, requests, messages
- Facebook Professional Page–Wall posts, comments
- Twitter–Mentions, direct messages and retweets
- LinkedIn – Inbox, comments, recommendations
- Text messages–This by the way increases
exponentially if you own a teenager
- Google Voice–Transcript is emailed, texted and
then there’s the new iPhone notification
- Skype–Messages, requests
With most successful people getting this amount of
input each and every day, you had better do something unusual to break through
A marching band below their window? A billboard
they will see on their way to work? Leave a message on all the platforms
Or perhaps my partner was right, you just pick up
the phone and call to say hello.
Wow. What a concept.