Jay-Z may have declared the “Death of Autotune,” but T-Pain, the King of Auto Tune, strikes back with a new iPhone app that helps anyone sing like him.
In the video below, see artists like Keri Hilson, Soulja Boy, and Akon using the “I Am T-Pain” app to help them sound like him.
Created by Smule, a developer of interactive sonic applications for the iPhone and iPod touch including Ocarina, Leaf Trombone World Stage and Sonic Lighter, the “I Am T-Pain” app features:
- Authentic Auto-Tune technology by Antares
- Bundled T-Pain tracks, including lyrics, for singing along alone or with friends
- The option to record tracks and stream your songs to Facebook and MySpace
- Freestyle mode–where you create your own songs
- Additional tracks for purchase, available in the app, via iPhone OS 3.0 features
“I Am T-Pain” is available from the iTunes store for $2.99.
Sorry Jay-Z, but with millions of iPhone and iTouch users downloading nearly $200 million worth of apps each month, it looks like T-Pain may have won this round.