I write about science and technology in the global marketplace, with a bent towards women in STEM.
My work has appeared elsewhere in the New Statesman, Science, and The Atlantic Cities, among others. I have two engineering degrees and am a graduate of Northwestern.
I'm based in Amsterdam. Follow me on Twitter @tinamirtha.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Meet Ether, The Bitcoin-Like Cryptocurrency That Could Power The Internet Of Things
- Heineken Saved $84 Million By Using Less Water And Energy--And Wants The World To Know
- The Paris Vacation That Evolved Into A Career
- How A Minecraft Habit Turned Into A Multinational Business
- The Open Publishing Revolution, Now Behind A Billion-Dollar Paywall
- The Design Technology Behind Bombsheller's Badass Graphic Leggings
- For Digital Art, Watermarks Aim To Bring More Aura—And A Hotter Market
- Tech's Actual Gender Numbers Are Vague And Grim. A Small Tweak Could Change That
- How One Startup Is Elevating Camping With A Tree House You Carry With You
- Where Do Pricey Museum Sleepovers Come From?
- Google's Secret Weapon In The Battle For The Internet Of Things: Academia
- Web Developer, You Are Now A Design Brand
- This Isn't The First Time Sony Didn't Have Enough Hacker Insurance
- The New York City Hardware Startup Map, Holiday 2014 Edition
- Why Schools Should Lower The Bar For Teaching Programming To Kids