I write about science and technology in the global marketplace, with a bent towards women in STEM.
My work has appeared elsewhere in the New Statesman, Science, and The Atlantic Cities, among others. I have two engineering degrees and am a graduate of Northwestern.
I'm from Chicago. Follow me on Twitter @tinamirtha.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- The Design Technology Behind Bombsheller's Badass Graphic Leggings
- For Digital Art, Watermarks Aim To Bring More Aura—And A Hotter Market
- Tech's Actual Gender Numbers Are Vague And Grim. A Small Tweak Could Change That
- How One Startup Is Elevating Camping With A Tree House You Carry With You
- Where Do Pricey Museum Sleepovers Come From?
- Google's Secret Weapon In The Battle For The Internet Of Things: Academia
- Web Developer, You Are Now A Design Brand
- This Isn't The First Time Sony Didn't Have Enough Hacker Insurance
- The New York City Hardware Startup Map, Holiday 2014 Edition
- Why Schools Should Lower The Bar For Teaching Programming To Kids
- A Map Of Scientific Plagiarism Around The World
- Why A Hit App Developer Is Taking On Games For Girls
- The New York City Hardware Startup Heat Map: October 2014 Edition
- Not Your Typical Hardware: The R/GA Accelerator's Class Of 2015
- As First Grads Go To Market, R/GA Accelerator Shifts Focus From Hardware To Software