Taylor Beck writes about brains & the future for Fast Company. In his past jobs he studied memory, dreaming, and Japanese in neuroscience labs from Kyoto to St. Louis. He has written for GQ and Harvard Public Affairs, among other places.
Come talk to him on Twitter at @taylorbeck216
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Can Dating Apps Solve Japan's Sex Crisis?
- The Man Behind New App Shadow Wants To Quantify Our Dreams
- What Do Dreams Mean? This Big Data Project Could Crack Them
- So, Are Farmed Human Brains Going To Help Us Merge With Machines Or What?
- Hey Japan, What’s Up With Your Startup Culture?
- Cyberskin Will Give You Real-Life Spidey Sense
- Why The Japanese Love Twitter But Not Facebook
- A Tokyo Startup With Something To Prove
- How This Brain Scientist Used Video Game Tech To Break New Ground
- Your Body Parts Are Ripe For Gene Hacking
- Inception-Style Memory Experiment Performed On Mice Was Inspired By The Movie “Total Recall”
- Computing’s 11 Smartest Super-Viruses--And The Damage They Wrought
- NYU Builds Data-Sharing Network For Scientists--But Is It Legal?
- How This Ad Agency Is Measuring the Value of Awesome
- Don’t Be Evil: Why It’s Time To Do Something About Online Prostitution