Steven Rosenbaum is an entrepreneur, author, and curator. He is the founder and CEO of the web's largest Video Curation Platform, Magnify.net. His first book Curation Nation, explores the changing worlds of publishing, consumer content, and brand-centric curation. It was published by McGraw Hill in the spring of 2011.
Rosenbaum is known as the father of user-generated video, having created MTV's groundbreaking UGC series MTV UNfiltered, a pre-web television project that handed cameras to young storytellers. Since that time he has built a career finding, organizing, and curating first-person storytelling.
Rosenbaum's work as an Emmy Award winning documentary filmmaker includes his film chronicling 9/11 “7 Days In September.” That film gathered more than 500 hours of video around 9/11 – creating a curated journey through the eyes of 28 filmmakers and citizen storytellers. The result was the curation of the world’s largest collection of 9/11 videos: The CameraPlanet Archive which Rosenbaum and producing partner Pamela Yoder donated to the National 9/11 Memorial and Museum. His film work includes long form documentary projects for National Geographic, HBO, CNN, MSNBC, Discovery, A&E, and The History Channel.
As a blogger, Rosenbaum contributes to posts on Technology, Internet Video, and emerging digital lifestyle trends to FastCompany, The Huffington Post, Silicon Alley Insider, Mashable, TechCrunch, and MediaBizBloggers.
Today, Rosenbaum calls Curation the “New Magic” of the connected world – fixing the signal to noise problem, and making the world contextual and coherent again.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- What Every Angel Investor Wants You To Know
- For YouTube Vs. Yahoo, It's Game On
- Is It Possible To Analyze Digital Data If It's Growing Exponentially?
- When Using The "C Word" Is Just Plain Wrong
- Using The Power Of Curation To Bolster Your Brand
- Apple's Broken Streaming-Video Promises
- Content Curators Are The New Superheros Of The Web
- The Way Kodak Died
- A Sneak Peek At The TVs Of The Future
- What The Business Of Video Will Look Like In 2012
- As Email Wheezes Toward The Grave, We Contemplate A DNR
- YouTube And The Death Of User-Generated Content
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Writing And Publishing An AppBook
- Steve Jobs Wasn't The Einstein Of Our Generation, He Was The Picasso
- Mary Meeker: The Web No Longer Revolves Around The U.S.