Shawn D. Baldwin is Chairman of Capital Management Group (CMG), an investment advisory and research firm. CMG provides trading, advisory, and investment banking services to countries and institutions. Since 2002, CMG participated in 75 capital markets transactions with a valuation of over $68 billion for companies such as Google, General Electric and the New York Stock Exchange.
CMG built a global network via its economic conferences of academics and institutional investors gathered to discuss macroeconomic trends. Prior to CMG, Baldwin was C.O.O. of a publicly traded registered investment advisory, he also worked for American Express and US Bancorp (10th largest US bank). Baldwin has a Masters in Financial Strategy from the University of Oxford, and also completed the Oxford Global Investment Risk Management Programme. Baldwin graduated with honors from Antioch University with a BA in Management. Mr. Baldwin successfully completed Harvard Business School’s Private Equity and Venture Capital along with Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School program on Investment Decisions and Behavioral Finance. Baldwin was the 2nd African-American member of the Chicago Stock Exchange, has passed series 7, 63 and 24 license designations.
Mr. Baldwin has been featured in The Economist, Business Week, Forbes, Fortune, & Money, Investment Dealer’s Digest (Top 40 Investment Bankers under 40), Black Enterprise’s Top 75 Blacks on Wall Street. Mr. Baldwin has been a participant and a speaker at the Money Summit, Milken Global Institute, Fortune’s Global Forum, and Forbes CEO Forum. Baldwin is a financial contributor to Forbes and Fast Company magazine for Finance, Trading and Capital Markets. Mr. Baldwin has been a television contributor to Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, CBS and NBC.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Dana White pounds Value Creation with an ounce of Flesh and Blood
- Dana White Pounds Value Creation with an ounce of flesh and blood
- Taxing Times for London Firms
- Shawn Baldwin with Kase Lawal
- Putnam pushes ahead in Value
- Bank of England lowers rate
- The Legacy of TARP
- Volcker Rules!
- Shawn Baldwin with Lord Jacob Rothschild
- Shawn Baldwin discusses Monetary Policy and the Euro
- .Shawn Baldwin discusses the Rise of the Japanese Stock Market
- Shawn Baldwin discusses the Yen and Monetary Policy of Abenomics
- Shawn Baldwin discusses the latest movement of the IMF
- Angry Birds Destroy Convention and Build Value
- Izzy Englander B-Plans for Billionaires