Shawn D. Baldwin is Chairman of Capital Management Group (CMG), an investment advisory and research firm. CMG provides trading, advisory, and investment banking services to countries and institutions. Since 2002, CMG participated in 75 capital markets transactions with a valuation of over $68 billion for companies such as Google, General Electric and the New York Stock Exchange.
CMG built a global network via its economic conferences of academics and institutional investors gathered to discuss macroeconomic trends. Prior to CMG, Baldwin was C.O.O. of a publicly traded registered investment advisory, he also worked for American Express and US Bancorp (10th largest US bank). Baldwin has a Masters in Financial Strategy from the University of Oxford, and also completed the Oxford Global Investment Risk Management Programme. Baldwin graduated with honors from Antioch University with a BA in Management. Mr. Baldwin successfully completed Harvard Business School’s Private Equity and Venture Capital along with Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School program on Investment Decisions and Behavioral Finance. Baldwin was the 2nd African-American member of the Chicago Stock Exchange, has passed series 7, 63 and 24 license designations.
Mr. Baldwin has been featured in The Economist, Business Week, Forbes, Fortune, & Money, Investment Dealer’s Digest (Top 40 Investment Bankers under 40), Black Enterprise’s Top 75 Blacks on Wall Street. Mr. Baldwin has been a participant and a speaker at the Money Summit, Milken Global Institute, Fortune’s Global Forum, and Forbes CEO Forum. Baldwin is a financial contributor to Forbes and Fast Company magazine for Finance, Trading and Capital Markets. Mr. Baldwin has been a television contributor to Bloomberg, CNBC, CNN, CBS and NBC.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- S&P Vs. Moody's: When It Comes To Credit Ratings, S&P Has Stumbled (Badly) Before
- Initializing IPOs
- Korea's Won Is the Winner
- Japan's Intervention Intentions
- Tableau in Toronto: the G20 Shifts Gears
- Euro Crash
- Market Chaos! The 998.5 point drop and the mechanism explained
- Shawn Baldwin from CMG discusses finance at the Wharton Whitney M. Young MBA Conference
- A discussion on HealthGrid technology and Private Equity with Dr. Jonathan Silverstein
- Mergers & Acquisitions Outlook for 2010
- Paradoxes in PE: IPO's, LBO's and M+A
- 2010 Investment Outlook
- Currencies, Carbons and the CFTC
- Shawn Baldwin from CMG discussing finance with David Solomon, Head of Investment Banking Goldman Sachs at the Global 50
- $3.7B in Digital Sales? That's Entertainment!