SETH GODIN has written twelve books that have been translated into more than thirty languages. Every one has been a bestseller. He writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership and most of all, changing everything.
American Way Magazine calls him, "America's Greatest Marketer," and his blog is perhaps the most popular in the world written by a single individual. His latest book, LINCHPIN, hit the Amazon top 10 on the first day it was published and became a New York Times bestseller.
As an entrepreneur, he has founded dozens of companies, most of which failed. Yoyodyne, his first internet company, was funded by Flatiron and Softbank and acquired by Yahoo! in 1998. It pioneered the use of ethical direct mail online, something Seth calls Permission Marketing. He was VP of Direct Marketing at Yahoo! for a year.
His latest company, Squidoo.com, is ranked among the top 125 sites in the US (by traffic) by Quantcast. It allows anyone (even you) to build a page about any topic you're passionate about. The site raises money for charity and pays royalties to its million plus members.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- What High Dives And Roller Coasters Teach Us About Getting Comfortable With Career Risk
- Are You Afraid of Good Ideas?
- Better Business Through Changing Behavior
- Deliberately Uninformed, Relentlessly So [a Rant]
- What Does Being a "Pro-Business" Politician Really Mean?
- Getting Smart About the Hierarchy of Smart
- Do You Actually Care About Privacy?
- What Shape Is Your Funnel?
- Marketing to the Bottom of the Pyramid
- The Corporate Conscience
- French Hours
- Rules for Off-Roading at Work
- The Best Things in Life Are Free
- Send in the Clowns
- If It's Urgent, Ignore It