Sam Ford is Director of Audience Engagement with Peppercomm, an affiliate with both MIT Comparative Media Studies/Writing and Western Kentucky University, and co-author of Spreadable Media (2013, NYU Press). He is also co-chair of the Word of Mouth Marketing Association's Ethics Committee and was named 2011 Social Media Innovator of the Year by Bulldog Reporter. Sam is a Kentucky Press Association award-winning journalist.
He was co-editor of the 2011 book The Survival of Soap Opera. He has written for Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The Huffington Post, Chief Marketer, The Public Relations Strategist, PR News, Bulldog Reporter, The Christian Science Monitor, The Upstart Business Journal, and CommPRO.biz and has been quoted on Investor’s Business Daily, The Financial Times, Fortune, CNN, NPR, BBC Worldwide, The Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Télérama, Mashable, Hollywood Reporter, and ESPN: The Magazine, among other places. Sam is based in Bowling Green, KY.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How To Succeed In Online PR? Get To Know the Wikipedia Community
- 7 Ways You Should Improve Your Communication This Year
- Does Your Company Listen To Social Media--Or Simply Hear It?
- When It Comes To Content Strategy, It's Better To Think About Spreadability Than Stickiness
- The Demise Of Soap Operas, And Lessons For Content Marketers
- What Great B2B Transmedia Storytelling Looks Like
- The Dewey Decimal System, And Where Innovation Goes Wrong
- What Happens When Acts Of Kindness Go Social
- Mr. Rogers' Lessons For A New Generation
- Without Human Insight, Big Data Is Just A Bunch Of Numbers
- 6 Ways Of Listening To Culture That Will Change Your Business
- To Truly Reach Your Brand's Audience, Picture Yourself In Their Seats
- Bodyslammed!: The WWE And Second Screen Storytelling
- 6 New Maxims For Social Marketing
- 6 Tech Themes To Watch