Ryan Holmes is the CEO of HootSuite, a social media management system with nearly 5 million users, including 79 of the Fortune 100 companies.
A college dropout, he started a paintball company and pizza restaurant before founding Invoke Media, the company that developed HootSuite in 2009.
Today, Holmes is an authority on the social business revolution, quoted in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal and called upon to speak at TEDx and SXSW Interactive Conferences. An angel investor and advisor, he mentors startups in Canada and around the world. Through HootSuite University, Holmes partners with major universities to deliver social media coursework to the next generation of business leaders.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- 5 Famous First Tweets And What They Tell Us About Social Media Today
- From Inside Walled Gardens, Social Networks Are Suffocating The Internet As We Know It
- In Twitter We Trust: 6 Unexpected Ways Government Is Experimenting With Social Media
- Lessons Learned From HMV's Very Public Twitter Meltdown
- The 7 Essential Mobile Apps For When You Have To Work On Your Phone
- The Can't-Miss Social Media Trends For 2013
- Email Is The New Pony Express--And It's Time To Put It Down
- What Businesses Can Learn From Romney’s $120,000 Twitter Splurge
- The $1.3 Trillion Price Of Not Tweeting At Work
- 4 Pillars Of Successful Brand Building From HootSuite CEO Ryan Holmes