Russ is an expert on brands and sustainability, and currently serves as Global Director, Strategy and Insights for Siegel+Gale.
Since becoming a marketing professional, Russ’s focus has been helping companies across the globe deliver remarkably clear and unexpectedly fresh brand experiences. His expertise includes corporate and brand positioning, communications strategy, account management as well as new product ideation and formulation.
Russ is a frequent commentator on brands, business, and sustainability, and has been a guest lecturer at the University of California’s Haas School of Business and San Francisco State University. He has been quoted in Advertising Age, the New York Daily News, BusinessWeek, CMO magazine, and has appeared on CBS’s MarketWatch and CNBC’s Squawk Box. Russ received his BA from the University of Minnesota and holds an MFA in design from Northwestern University in Chicago. He also graduated from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management with a Master’s degree in Management.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Simplicity, The Most Powerful Branding Principle
- What JCPenney Took From Apple And Gap
- Consumers Fight To "Save Thanksgiving" From Black Friday Madness
- "Yes, And...": Stealing The Rules Of Improv To Design Great Customer Experiences
- 5 Tips On Using Instagram To Delight Your Customers
- How The Zagat Acquisition Could Help Google Be More Human
- Sustainability That Lasts
- Walking the Walk
- "Look, here's the deal..."
- Groupon's Missed Opportunity
- Deficit Brand Building
- 2011: The Rise of the Electric Car
- How Nike Is Helping the Competition
- Trends in Sustainability
- Why "All Natural" Is Bad