Russ is a frequent commentator on brands, business, and sustainability, and has been a guest lecturer at the University of California’s Haas School of Business and San Francisco State University. He has been quoted in Advertising Age, the New York Daily News, BusinessWeek, CMO magazine, and has appeared on CBS’s MarketWatch and CNBC’s Squawk Box. As an expert on brands and sustainability, Russ blogs for Fast Company magazine.
As Chief Strategy Officer for Landor Associates, Russ Meyer was responsible for leading the global brand strategy competency. In this role, Russ worked with teams around the world to help drive business growth for clients such as Barclays Bank, Disney, DreamWorks, FedEx, Haier, Procter & Gamble, and Yahoo!. Russ was also the Acting Managing Director of Landor's headquarters office in San Francisco.
Russ received his BA from the University of Minnesota and holds an MFA in design from Northwestern University in Chicago. He also graduated from the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management with a Master’s degree in Management.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Simplicity, The Most Powerful Branding Principle
- What JCPenney Took From Apple And Gap
- Consumers Fight To "Save Thanksgiving" From Black Friday Madness
- "Yes, And...": Stealing The Rules Of Improv To Design Great Customer Experiences
- 5 Tips On Using Instagram To Delight Your Customers
- How The Zagat Acquisition Could Help Google Be More Human
- Sustainability That Lasts
- Walking the Walk
- "Look, here's the deal..."
- Groupon's Missed Opportunity
- Deficit Brand Building
- 2011: The Rise of the Electric Car
- How Nike Is Helping the Competition
- Trends in Sustainability
- Why "All Natural" Is Bad