For more than 25 years, Roberta Chinsky Matuson, president of Matuson Consulting, has helped leaders in Fortune 500 companies, including Best Buy, New Balance, The Boston Beer Company and small to medium-size businesses, achieve dramatic growth and market leadership through the maximization of talent. She is known world-wide as “The Talent Maximizer®.” Roberta, a leading authority on leadership and the skills and strategies required to earn employee commitment and client loyalty, is the author of the top-selling book, Suddenly In Charge: Managing Up, Managing Down, Succeeding All Around (Nicholas Brealey, 2011), a Washington Post Top 5 Business Book For Leaders. Her new book, Talent Magnetism (Nicholas Brealey) is now available for download or purchase. Her clients include Best Buy, Inc., New Balance and the Boston Beer Company.
Roberta has written and published over 500 articles for a number of publications around the globe including The Christian Science Monitor, British Airways Business Life, The Telegraph and The Globe and Mail. Global retail giant Staples and Monster Worldwide turn to her for advice on talent. She is one of the top expert bloggers for Fast Company and Forbes.com. She writes a bi-monthly column for Hotelexecutives.com.
Visit Roberta's website at www.Matusonconsulting.com to sign up for her complimentary monthly newsletter, The Talent Maximizer®. Roberta can be reached at Roberta@matusonconsulting.com; follow her on Twitter: @matuson and Google+.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Uncovering Talent: A New Model For Inclusion And Diversity
- Do Your Employees Have A Sense of Purpose?
- How To Find The Right Headhunter For Your Company
- 5 Signs That Your Internship Is Actually A Low-Paid Job To Nowhere
- 5 Life-Changing Ideas For The Parents Of New Grads
- Why Your Company's Worst Performers Are Happy As Clams
- Deloitte U: How To Do Inclusion Right
- The Sting Of The Queen Bee: Tales Of Tyrannical Leadership
- 7 Ways New Managers Can Shine
- When It Comes To Hiring Top Talent, Only The Speedy Survive
- 3 Simple Changes For A Big Leadership Jumpstart
- 3 Rules For Hiring The Right Person Every Time
- The Problem With Customer-Service Surveys
- Affordable Ways To Make Your Employees Feel Appreciated--Or Else
- If Tom Brady Can Improve, So Can You