Robert Safian is editor and managing director of the award-winning monthly business magazine Fast Company. He oversees all editorial operations, in print and online, and plays a key role in guiding the magazine's advertising, marketing, and circulation efforts.
Safian was named 2009 Editor of the Year by Adweek and recognized as 2008 Innovator of the Year by B-2-B Media. Under his leadership, Fast Company has received numerous accolades: a 2011 winner of a National Magazine award, a three-time National Magazine Award finalist, two-time winner of Magazine of the Year from the Society of Business Editors and Writers; twice honored with the prestigious Gerald R. Loeb Award for Distinguished Business Journalism, among many others. The publication was named to the Ad Age A-list in 2008 and, for three consecutive years, to the Adweek Hot List.
Safian came to Fast Company in 2007 from Fortune, where he served as executive editor. Prior to that, he was an executive editor at Time and headed Money as its managing editor for six years.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- “We have more work to do”
- "I Didn't Know What The Fast-Food Rules Were": Steve Ells
- "Business As A Movement": Eileen Fisher
- "Inspiration Is The Common Thing": Robert Wong
- "I Knew I Would Get Fired": Sallie Krawcheck
- "I Like To Employ The Power Of No": Jared Leto
- "Embracing Digital Technology Just For The Sake Of It Is A Terrible Idea": Rachel Haot
- "It's Got To Be A Passion, It's Gotta Be Your Calling": Indra Nooyi
- "We Need A New Field Manual For Business": Casey Gerald
- 'Putting My Pregnancy Photos Out There Was A Big Deal': Julie Smolyansky
- "You Have To Be Honest With Yourself": Shauna Mei
- "You Have To Walk The Talk": Hiro Takeuchi
- Generation Flux's Secret Weapon
- The Meaning of Business
- How To Design Our Future