Robert Safian is editor and managing director of the award-winning monthly business magazine Fast Company. He oversees all editorial operations, in print and online, and plays a key role in guiding the magazine's advertising, marketing, and circulation efforts.
Safian was named 2009 Editor of the Year by Adweek and recognized as 2008 Innovator of the Year by B-2-B Media. Under his leadership, Fast Company has received numerous accolades: a 2011 winner of a National Magazine award, a three-time National Magazine Award finalist, two-time winner of Magazine of the Year from the Society of Business Editors and Writers; twice honored with the prestigious Gerald R. Loeb Award for Distinguished Business Journalism, among many others. The publication was named to the Ad Age A-list in 2008 and, for three consecutive years, to the Adweek Hot List.
Safian came to Fast Company in 2007 from Fortune, where he served as executive editor. Prior to that, he was an executive editor at Time and headed Money as its managing editor for six years.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Twenty Predictions For The Next 20 Years
- Vertical Video Was a Joke. Thanks to Snapchat, It's Now the New Order
- 20 Lessons Of Design
- 20 Reasons You Can't Miss The Fast Company Innovation Festival
- The No. 1 Reason You Need To Embrace Change
- Hail To The Geek!
- President Obama: The Fast Company Interview
- 20 Lessons of Creativity For 2015
- Editor's Note: Why Business Is A Mess (And I’m Glad)
- Something new
- Announcing Fast Company's New Mobile App
- 20 Lessons Of Innovation For 2015
- The Next 20
- “We have more work to do”
- "I Didn't Know What The Fast-Food Rules Were": Steve Ells