Robert Safian is editor and managing director of the award-winning monthly business magazine Fast Company. He oversees all editorial operations, in print and online, and plays a key role in guiding the magazine's advertising, marketing, and circulation efforts.
Safian was named 2009 Editor of the Year by Adweek and recognized as 2008 Innovator of the Year by B-2-B Media. Under his leadership, Fast Company has received numerous accolades: a 2011 winner of a National Magazine award, a three-time National Magazine Award finalist, two-time winner of Magazine of the Year from the Society of Business Editors and Writers; twice honored with the prestigious Gerald R. Loeb Award for Distinguished Business Journalism, among many others. The publication was named to the Ad Age A-list in 2008 and, for three consecutive years, to the Adweek Hot List.
Safian came to Fast Company in 2007 from Fortune, where he served as executive editor. Prior to that, he was an executive editor at Time and headed Money as its managing editor for six years.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- From The Editor: Geekapalooza
- From The Editor: The Answer Is Yes
- From The Editor: Lessons Of Innovation
- From The Editor: The Business Of Chatter
- From The Editor: What I've Learned
- Microsoft Research Senior Researcher Danah Boyd On Meeting Outside The Box
- Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley On Overcomnunicating, Overcommunicating, Overcommunicating
- Lady Gaga Manager Troy Carter On Avoiding The Overvalued And Investing In The Undervalued
- Hearsay Social CEO Clara Shih On The Best Ideas Coming From The Most Unexpected Places
- Intuit CEO Brad Smith On Data Trumping Opinions
- How CEO Mark Parker Runs Nike To Keep Pace With Rapid Change
- The Small Steps Gaga’s Go-To Troy Carter Takes To Go Global
- Why Foursquare's Dennis Crowley Obsessively Changes Location
- Box Founder Aaron Levie On The Fears And Realities Of Our Chaotic Times
- Terry Kelly, The "Un-CEO" Of W.L. Gore, On How To Deal With Chaos: Grow Up