Nicole LaPorte is an LA-based writer for Fast Company who writes about where technology and entertainment intersect. In a previous life, she covered film and wrote a book about it, called The Men Who Would Be King: Movies, Moguls, and a Company Called DreamWorks.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- "Selma" Director Ava DuVernay: "The Best Creativity Happens Within Limits"
- Can Netflix Make Your TV Smarter?
- Passing The Barf Test: How Kay Cannon Went From Improv To Pitch Perfect
- Can The ACLU Fix Hollywood's Gender Problem?
- Ava DuVernay
- Brett Kopf and David Kopf
- The Writer-Directors Of "The D Train" On Writing Creepy-Funny Scripts
- Sibyl Goldman
- Oprah Announces A New Reality Show
- How "Kung Fury" Went From A Career Hail Mary To Kickstarter Hit, Cannes Entry, And Hollywood Feature
- How Two Former Nike Executives Built A Tomboy Fashion Brand
- An Oral History Of How "Game Of Thrones" Went From Crazy Idea To HBO's Biggest Hit
- Inside HBO's Grand Storytelling Experiment
- HBO Finally Makes The "Take My Money" Creator Pay Up
- Lauren Zalaznick's Latest Adventure In Curating Life As She Sees It