Nicole LaPorte is an LA-based writer for Fast Company who writes about where technology and entertainment intersect. In a previous life, she covered film and wrote a book about it, called The Men Who Would Be King: Movies, Moguls, and a Company Called DreamWorks.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Director Kevin Macdonald On Making Black Sea, And The Still-Relevant Concept Of Not Selling Out
- Obama To Sit Down With Bethany Mota, Other YouTubers After His State Of The Union Speech
- Facebook Takes On Twitter To Win The Golden Globes
- With New Show, Grace Helbig, E! Out To Prove That YouTube Stars Can Also Be Big On TV
- "The Interview" Is A VOD Perception-Changer, Not A VOD Game-Changer
- How J.C. Chandor Captured NYC's Most Dangerous Era For "A Most Violent Year"
- Vessel's Jason Kilar To YouTube: Watch Out
- The Creativity Of Constraints: Making Netflix's New Epic, "Marco Polo"
- What The Sony Hack Reveals About Hollywood's Struggles With Technology
- Why YouTube's Dominance Is Not (Yet) In Danger
- Updating the James Bond Marketing Playbook
- How Blockbuster Screenwriter Zak Penn Changed Course To Make A Doc About Buried Video Games
- How Roy Choi Built An Empire From One Beat-Up Taco Truck