Nicole LaPorte is an LA-based writer for Fast Company who writes about where technology and entertainment intersect. In a previous life, she covered film and wrote a book about it, called The Men Who Would Be King: Movies, Moguls, and a Company Called DreamWorks.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How to Succeed in ShondaLand
- Why Are Canadians So Funny?
- A New Netflix Study Reveals When Viewers Get "Hooked" On Their TV Shows
- HBO Is The New CBS--Now What?
- How Netflix Is Winning At The Toronto Film Festival
- Pitch Perfect: How Universal's Digital Marketing Helped It Have The Best Year Ever
- How Peter Bogdanovich Reconceived His New Film After The Death Of Its Star
- "Walking Dead" Creator Robert Kirkman's Quest To Create The Anti-Marvel
- A Lego Brickumentary: How A Toy Innovator Turned Itself Around By Embracing Its Community
- Why Netflix Is Spending $5 Billion To Win The Fight For Your Screens—And How It Plans To Do It
- How Smosh Evolved From Pokemon Videos To A Multi-Media Brand
- How Mobile Game Company Seriously Aims To Reverse-Engineer Hollywood
- Cosmetic Changes: How Smashbox Rewrote The Makeup Marketing Playbook
- How Couches, Collaboration, And The Ultimate People Connector Keep HBO On Top
- How Director Asif Kapadia Made A Heartbreaking Musical From The Life Of Amy Winehouse