Nicole LaPorte is an LA-based writer for Fast Company who writes about where technology and entertainment intersect. In a previous life, she covered film and wrote a book about it, called The Men Who Would Be King: Movies, Moguls, and a Company Called DreamWorks.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Vessel's Jason Kilar To YouTube: Watch Out
- The Creativity Of Constraints: Making Netflix's New Epic, "Marco Polo"
- What The Sony Hack Reveals About Hollywood's Struggles With Technology
- Why YouTube's Dominance Is Not (Yet) In Danger
- Updating the James Bond Marketing Playbook
- How Blockbuster Screenwriter Zak Penn Changed Course To Make A Doc About Buried Video Games
- How Roy Choi Built An Empire From One Beat-Up Taco Truck
- Capturing The Wit And Wisdom Of Stephen Hawking In "The Theory Of Everything"
- Create Like Nobody's Watching: How An Obscure Marvel Comic Became Disney's Next Big Hero (6)
- Justine Bateman On Pulling Off A Major Midlife Career Pivot
- A Tale Of Many Besties
- How A Former Disney Exec Is Helping Rescue Dogs Find Homes By Getting You Drunk On Wine
- Indie Queen Lynn Shelton On Going Mainstream(ish) With Her New Film, "Laggies." And Eating Bugs
- How To Make $500,000 A Year On Twitter
- The Snapchat Effect: How Los Angeles Startups Are Snatching Silicon Valley's Tech Talent