Max Chafkin is a contributing writer with Fast Company. Previously a writer for Inc., his work also appears in Vanity Fair and has been featured in Best Business Writing 2012. He can be reached at chafkin at fastcompany dot com.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How Paypal Cofounder, Yahoo Board Member Max Levchin Finds Startup Ideas
- 6. Max Levchin
- 96. Ruzwana Bashir
- 49-57. Urban Outfitters
- 25. Jason Wilson
- True To Its Roots: Why Kickstarter Won't Sell
- Exclusive: How Veronica Mars And Perry Chen Are Wresting Kickstarter From Gadget Geeks
- Samsung: Copycats. And The No. 17 Most Innovative Company, 2013
- Kevin Rose Reigns As The Zen Master Of Silicon Valley Chatter
- Not Just Another Web 2.0 Company, Yelp Basks In Its Star Power
- Can Ben Silbermann Turn Pinterest Into The World's Greatest Shopfront?
- With Pinterest's New iPad App, A Glimpse Of Its Future