Lisa Kavanaugh is the chief product and technology officer at Ask.com, responsible for the global development of both web and mobile applications that support Ask.com’s search-based Q&A product suite. With more than a decade of experience building and leading large engineering and product development teams, Kavanaugh has spearheaded the launch of multiple Ask.com vertical products and custom solutions for strategic partners – all the while serving as a very visible driver of change within the company. Known for spotting tech talent and infusing new ideas and processes (such as Scrum-based development) into Ask.com’s tech organization, Kavanaugh previously oversaw technology at Ask.com’s partner network, building the engineering team from scratch and launching a development platform that significantly accelerated Ask’s distribution business on an international level. Prior to her work at Ask.com, Kavanaugh served as a software engineer at Hewlett Packard. Kavanaugh received a B.S. in Computer Science from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Lisa Kavanaugh: How do you develop openness to change?
- Lisa Kavanaugh: How do you make staff less afraid to share ideas?
- Lisa Kavanaugh: How do you find out what you don't know?
- Lisa Kavanaugh: Does innovation trump growth?
- Lisa Kavanaugh: What do you outsource and what do you keep in house?
- Lisa Kavanaugh: When should you email vs. picking up the phone?