Ken Carbone is a designer, artist, musician, author and teacher. He is the Co-Founder and Chief Creative Director of the Carbone Smolan Agency, a design and branding company in New York City. For over three decades, CSA has integrated content, strategy and art to create comprehensive 2D, 3D and digital design solutions for an impressive roster of brands. The agency’s client list includes: W Hotels, Morgan Stanley, Taubman Centers, Mandarin Oriental Hotels, Canon, Carnegie Textiles, The Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Corbis Images, Architectural Record Magazine and the Musée du Louvre. Their work has been recognized for design excellence and published internationally.
Ken is a professor in the MFA program at the School of Visual Arts and frequently lectures on design and creative inspiration.
In addition to his design career he is an accomplished guitarist and says he might give it all up one day to play with Tina Turner.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- 7 Ways To Build A Brand Like Bond
- 11.11.11: An Epic Marketing Event
- Unify, Simplify, Amplify: How Taschen Continues To Provoke
- Unify, Simplify, Amplify: How The Mrs. Meyer's Brand Conquers A Tough Market
- Unify, Simplify, Amplify: How Leica Maintains Its Brilliant Photography Brand
- Unify, Simplify, Amplify: How Moleskine Gets Branding Right
- $100K of Free Branding Advice, in Just Three Words
- Molto Delizioso! Eataly Arrives in New York City
- Worse than Kong! New Tower Threatens Empire State Building
- Indestructible: The Design of Old Glory
- Rebranding the License Plate: 4 Designers Clean Up Graphic Road Kill
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Logo Is a Blend of the Bland
- ICFF: The Best Branding Behind the Brands
- The Toyota Crisis Calls for a Logo Tune-Up
- The New Benjamin? Not So Money