In 1993, (and with no agency experience) John founded The VIA Agency and developed an effective model in which cross-functional teams solve complex marketing challenges and help clients find new growth. The model combined his engineering background, his unbridled love of ideas and his entrepreneurial appetite and produced results quickly and consistently—earning a spot on Inc. magazine's list of 500 of America's fastest-growing companies. Today, VIA is one of the top 100 agencies in the U.S. and counts numerous Fortune 500 companies as clients. VIA was recognized in 2011 as Ad Age's Small Agency of the Year.
John holds a BS in mechanical engineering from the University of Maine and an MBA from New Hampshire College (now Southern New Hampshire University). Prior to founding VIA, John worked in international sales and marketing for several multinational conglomerates, including ABB and Combustion Engineering.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Quiet Your Mind And Embrace Logic-Defying Decisions
- Why Clearly Communicating Purpose Is The Most Important Leadership Skill
- The Anti-Crowdsourcing: How Small Peer Groups Can Help Problem-Solve
- 3 Subtle Ways To Shift Your Attitude From Can't-Do To Can-Do
- To Find A Way Forward, Leaders Must Embrace The Lost Art Of Compromise
- The New Purchase Path
- Why Your Company Should Celebrate More
- Is There Such A Thing As Too Much Transparency?
- Building A "Behavioral 360" Communications Plan
- Why Collaborative Storytelling Is The Future Of Marketing
- Brand Endearment Is Why Super Bowl Ads Aren't Dead Yet
- 7 Ways Daring Brands Walk The Line
- You Don’t Need An Army When You Have Seal Team 6