John Brownlee is a writer who lives in Boston with two irate parakeets and a fiancée of more exquisite plumage. His work has appeared at Wired, Playboy, PopMech, Cult Of Mac, Boing Boing, and Gizmodo. You can email him here.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How Nike Turned An Italian Suit Label Into The Air Jordan XX9s
- Metal-Heads And Their Cats
- A Laptop Charger The Size Of A Smartphone Charger
- Portable Robot Printer Is Like A Roomba That Squirts Ink
- Artist Imagines What Phantom Islands Might Look Like
- Wooden Mix-Tapes Give Visceral Form To Digital Media
- Is Flat Design Already Passé?
- MIT Unveils The Shapeshifting Furniture Of The Future
- The Wonderful World Of Whiskey, In One Boozy Chart
- Star Wars Reimagined As WWII-Style Propaganda Posters
- How Tobias Frere-Jones Discovered NYC's Lost Neighborhood Of Type
- Graphic Designer Reinterprets The ABCs For Math Nerds
- Twitter's New Design Looks A Lot Like Facebook, And That's A Good Thing
- Comic Sans Gets A Makeover
- What Went Wrong Between Type Legends Hoefler And Frere-Jones?