Jeff is a Certified Trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belt with a focus on finding new ways to apply technologies related to process improvement – situations which demand entrepreneurial thinking, a deep understanding of the financial impact of technology decisions, and collaboration with strategic partners.
Jeff belongs to IBM's Business & Technical Leadership Resources (BTLR), a program which grows IBM’s future leaders with the “best potential.”
At IBM's Retail Emerging Business Opportunity Group, a corporate "startup", Jeff launched an SMB-focused business which later grew to account for 20% of EBO revenues worldwide. He was awarded IBM's Innovator Award.
Jeff holds a Masters of Science in Engineering from UPENN's Management of Technology Program, co-sponsored by Penn Engineering and The Wharton School. He is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Where Are the Lady Geeks?
- Keith Jarrett: Save Your Soul. Turn Off Your Gadget
- Tech Bubble: 5 Reasons Why This Time It's Different
- Going Public vs. "Prublic"
- Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds You: The 7 Rules of Technology Ecosystems
- When Things Become Self-Aware: The 7 Forces of Change
- The Elevator Pitch: Want to Make a Point? Just Be Yourself
- Renegades: Lathan Hodge on 5 Takeaways about "Mass-Personalization"
- Word of the Day: "EVANGELIST"
- Get "Startup Experience" in That Big Company
- It Doesn't Matter If a Cat Is Black or White, so Long as It Catches Mice.
- No Pain, No Gain
- How Dropping Your Ego and Picking Good Mentors Can Earn You $750 Mil