Jeff Fisher, author of "Identity Crisis!: 50 redesigns that transformed stale identities into successful brands" (HOW Books, 2007), is the Engineer of Creative Identity for the Portland-based firm Jeff Fisher LogoMotives. A 32-year design veteran, he has been honored with over 600 regional, national and international design awards and is featured in over 130 books about logos, the design business, and small business marketing. His first book, "The Savvy Designer's Guide to Success" was released in 2004 and has been reissued as a PDF on CD from HOWBookstore.com. Fisher is currently writing a new volume, “Logo Type: 200 Best Typographic Logos from Around the World Explained,” about typography in identity design. It is scheduled for a 2011 release.
Fisher serves on the HOW Magazine Board of Advisors, HOW Design Conference Advisory Council and Art Institute of Portland Professional Advisory Council, and is a past member of the UCDA Designer Magazine Editorial Advisory Board. The designer also writes for HOW Magazine, other industry publications, and many webzines and blogs. In addition, Fisher is a nationally-recognized speaker, making numerous presentations each year to design organizations, design schools, universities and business groups. Graphic Design USA magazine named Jeff Fisher one of the design industry “People to Watch” in 2009.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Why my design business is at its best when the national economy is at its worst
- Preaching What You Practice: Speaking in professional tongues to the masses
- Creating your business identity: Do not try this at home
- The high cost of saving money on a business image
- Designer Jeff Fisher is having an "Identity Crisis!"
- What Can Celebrated Graphic Designer Jeff Fisher Teach Us About Small Business Marketing?
- When a design "contest" is not a contest