Jay Cassano is a Brooklyn-based staff writer for Co.Exist. He writes about the ways people are using technology to make the world better. His writing has also appeared in The Nation, VICE, In These Times, and Al Jazeera America.
Jay previously worked as a foreign correspondent based in Istanbul, Turkey and still writes about the Middle East. He currently co-edits the Turkey section for Jadaliyya, an independent website providing analysis on the Middle East and North Africa. A former Drupal developer, he'd love to chat with you about the politics of software and/or the software of politics.
He read a lot of Walter Benjamin in college and his favorite sci-fi author is Ursula K. Le Guin. You can read more of Jay's work and learn more about him at his website.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- A New Material Could Make Storing Our Carbon A Viable Way To Stave Off Global Warming
- Everyone Wants Health Tips From Their Phone, And The Market Is Booming
- Bernie Sanders: "I Worry That We Are Moving Toward An Orwellian Society"
- More Than 250 Tech Companies Release Letter To Congress Opposing Trans-Pacific Partnership
- These Mysterious Messages On Your Front Door Want To Let You Know Someone Is Always Listening
- "Smart Insulin" Could Make Diabetes Treatment Easier And More Convenient
- Now You Can 3-D Print Your Own Statue Of Edward Snowden
- Could Drones Circumvent Syria's Efforts To Block Humanitarian Aid?
- Does The New York Subway Know The 9 To 5 Is Dead?
- Michigan Farmers Markets Make Food Stamps Worth Twice As Much As Regular Money
- Google's Self-Driving Cars Have Been In 11 Accidents
- Watch A New York Delivery Guy Spend A Harrowing Day On His Bike For Basically No Money
- If You've Ever Wanted To Live In A National Park, Now's Your Chance
- One Simple Graphic Shows That Black And White Americans Really Do Live In Different Countries
- Carly Fiorina Is Running For President, But She'd Rather You Not Visit CarlyFiorina.Org