Jay Cassano is a Brooklyn-based staff writer for Co.Exist. He writes about the ways people are using technology to make the world better. His writing has also appeared in The Nation, VICE, In These Times, and Al Jazeera America.
Jay previously worked as a foreign correspondent based in Istanbul, Turkey and still writes about the Middle East. He currently co-edits the Turkey section for Jadaliyya, an independent website providing analysis on the Middle East and North Africa. A former Drupal developer, he'd love to chat with you about the politics of software and/or the software of politics.
He read a lot of Walter Benjamin in college and his favorite sci-fi author is Ursula K. Le Guin. You can read more of Jay's work and learn more about him at his website.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Watch A Drone Herd A Flock Of Sheep
- Half Of Americans Think The Poor and Middle Class Pay Too Much Income Tax
- Can Bitcoin Patronage Replace Annoying Banner Ads?
- Small-Scale Solar Installations Are Taking Back The Power Grid
- This Amazing Street Art Appears Only When It's Raining
- The Science Of Why You Should Spend Your Money On Experiences, Not Things
- Young People Would Rather You Didn't Frack, Thanks
- Are Shrimp Shells The Future Of Solar Cells?
- Here Is A Building Made From 3-D-Printed Cement Blocks That Is Also Beautiful
- Take In The Scenery Of The Past While You Walk, With This Augmented-Reality App
- Using Gamification To Get Sick Kids Excited About Their Treatment
- Internet-Connected Thermostats Finally Help Tenants Hold Heat-Stingy Landlords Accountable
- Can The NSA Be Reformed?
- Could These Simple Phone Backgrounds Be What Finally Breaks Your Phone Addiction?
- Is The American Dream An Illusion?