Jay is a Brooklyn-based staff writer for Co.Exist.
Jay previously worked as a foreign correspondent based in Istanbul, Turkey and still writes about the Middle East. He currently co-edits the Turkey section for Jadaliyya, an independent website providing analysis on the Middle East and North Africa. A former Drupal developer, he'd love to chat with you about the politics of software and/or the software of politics.
He read a lot of Walter Benjamin in college and his favorite sci-fi author is Ursula K. Le Guin. You can read more of Jay's work and learn more about him at his website.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How Much Smog Did You Breathe Today? Wearable Sensors Measure Your Pollution Intake While You Bike
- A Team Of Badass Archaeologists Are Going To The Middle East To Protect Artifacts From ISIS
- These Suspended, Driverless Pods Could Reduce Traffic Congestion In India
- This Map Shows How Out Of Reach A Two-Bedroom Apartment Is In Every State
- Silicon Valley's Gender Balance Woes Start Before People Are Even Hired
- The Best And The Worst Companies For Protecting User Data
- The Most Annoying Productivity Tool Ever Overloads Your Browser With Tabs
- When Poachers Go To Kill An Elephant, These AI-Powered Drones Are Already There To Help Stop Them
- Be An Internet Vigilante And Help Make Sure Your Internet Service Provider Is Abiding By Net Neutrality
- This App Lets You See The Tough Choices Needed To Balance Your City's Budget
- "What Kind Of Tree Is That?" You Ask, Because You Are An Inquisitive Person: This App Will Tell You
- The Hospital Lights Won't Stay On In Gaza, So Doctors Look To Solar Roofs
- 5 Steps To Cultivating A Civic Startup Ecosystem, According To Civic Entrepreneurs
- In The Wake Of ISIS, 3-D Scans Are Saving Iraq's Cultural Heritage
- Wikileaks Will Offer $100,000 To Anyone Who Leaks The Trans-Pacific Partnership