I am the co-founder and CEO of StockTwits® – a social network for traders and investors to share real-time ideas and information. StockTwits was recently named “one of the top 10 most innovative companies in web” by FastCompany and one of the “50 best websites” by Time magazine.
I love stocks and markets and have more than twenty years experience in the financial community acting in both an entrepreneurial and investing capacity. I am the Managing Partner of Social Leverage, a holding company that invests in early stage web businesses. I also manage a hedge fund which I started in 1998.
In 2006, I created Wallstrip, and our team created more than 400 original web video shows. Wallstrip was purchased by CBS Corp. in 2007.
I am an active angel with many success investments including: Rent.com, (purchased by Ebay in 2005 for $415 million), Golfnow.com (purchased by Comcast in June 2008), and Lifelock (lead investors include Bessemer Venture Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers). Other investments include: Limos.com, Blogtalkradio.com, Buddy Media, Ticketfly, Assistly, Bit.ly, Etoro.com, Tubemogul and Tweetdeck (purchased by Twitter).
Way back in the dark ages (the 90′s) I earned an MBA at Arizona State University and an MIM from The American Graduate School of International Management.
I am Canadian, but don’t like beer.
Lots of failures, too. Trust me.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- SoLoMo And The Future Of Mobile Technology
- How Mobile Has Changed The Music Industry [Video]
- How Augmented Reality Will Change Everything, Just Not Yet [VIDEO]
- Think Mobile, Act Global [Video]
- How Businesses Are Cashing In On Mobile Payments [VIDEO]
- Are Apps Evolving From Useful To Universal? [Video]
- How Location Helps Small Businesses Capitalize On Customers [Video]
- Who Spreads The News? In Today's Connected World, Everyone [VIDEO]
- The Mobile Future Is About Much More Than Apps [VIDEO]
- How Mobile Adoption Changes The Game For The Web [VIDEO]
- What's Next For The Check-In?
- Mobile Mania And The New Location Gold Rush
- Wherever You Go, Yelp Mobile And Its 20 Million Reviews And Deals Will Find You
- Redefining Search, One Locale At A Time
- Booyah Brings Monopoly To The Real World--With Real Money