Heidi Grant Halvorson is a motivational psychologist and author of No One Understands You, and What To Do About It. She is also Director of the Diversity & Bias Practice at the NeuroLeadership Institute, and Associate Director of Columbia Business School's Motivation Science Center.
Her other books include Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals, Focus, and Nine Things Successful People Do Differently.
Find out more at www.heidigranthalvorson.com, or follow Heidi on Twitter @hghalvorson.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How To Apologize Like You Really Mean It
- 3 Ways To Project Warmth And Trustworthiness
- How To Override The Assumptions Your Colleagues Make About You
- How To Recognize (And Overcome) Your Unconscious Biases In Hiring
- Can You Be Damned By Strong Praise? If The Context Is Wrong, Absolutely
- Two Versions Of The Perfect Leader Go Head To Head. Who Triumphs?
- How "Positive" Thinking Sets You Up To Fail
- Are The Best Innovators Those Who Have Power, Or Those Who Want It?
- Quick Decisions Create Regret, Even When They Are Good Decisions
- The 3 Biggest Myths About Motivation That Won't Go Away
- Why Keeping Your Options Open Is A Really, Really Bad Idea
- The Secret To Making Employees Energized (Not Exhausted) By Difficult Work
- The Belief That's Sabotaging Your Career
- What It Means To Be Happy Changes As Employees Age
- How to Soften the Blow of Bad News for an Employee