Harry McCracken is the technology editor for Fast Company, based in San Francisco; in past lives as a tech journalist, he was editor at large for Time magazine, founder and editor of Technologizer, editor in chief of PC World, and a contributor to Cnet, Discover, Slate, Family Circle, and other publications.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- The Apple Pay Challenge: Hey, This Thing (Mostly) Works!
- iPad Air 2 And iPad Mini 3 Review: The Best Tablets, Made Slightly Better
- The Apple Pay Challenge: Can I Spend A Week Without A Wallet?
- At Apple's October Event, Specs Mattered More Than Usual, And That's Okay
- A First Look Deep Inside Amazon Game Studios
- The News According To Nuzzel
- Quip's Cool, Collaborative Word Processor Is Now A Spreadsheet, Too
- Join Us For Live Coverage Of Apple's October Product Event
- With Its New Gizmo, Highfive Wants To Democratize Business Videoconferencing
- Here, There, Everywear: Five Wearable Gadgets Which Aren't For Your Wrist Or Your Eyes
- With Presentations, Chat, And More, Evernote Wants To Go Way, Way Beyond Note-Taking
- Attention Cable-Box Haters: Comcast's Video-Streaming X1 DVR Looks Pretty Impressive
- The Wrist Of The Story: A Brief History Of Forgotten Proto-Smartwatches, 1975-2004
- With Windows 10, Microsoft Will Skip A Version Number And Go Back To Basics
- How Trying The New GoPro Cameras Made Me A Believer