Harry McCracken is the technology editor for Fast Company, based in San Francisco; in past lives as a tech journalist, he was editor at large for Time magazine, founder and editor of Technologizer, editor in chief of PC World, and a contributor to Cnet, Discover, Slate, Family Circle, and other publications.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Facebook's New Groups App Is An Act Of Unbundling That Makes Sense--At Least For Me
- Now Square Lets Its Merchants Sell Gift Cards
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Review: A Little More Than A Gimmick, A Little Less Than A Breakthrough
- Satya Nadella's Microsoft Wants To Make Productivity Sexy, Inspiring, And Futuristic
- Scribd Takes On Amazon's Audible With All-You-Can-Listen Audiobooks
- With New Freemium Versions for iPhone and Android, Microsoft Office Really Is Everywhere
- Two New Jawbone Up Fitness Bands: One's Cheaper, One's Sleeker And Smarter
- Starwood Turns Smartphones Into Door Keys
- Khrushchev Visits IBM: A Strange Tale of Silicon Valley History
- Finding Stuff To Read In Flipboard Just Got A Whole Lot Easier
- HP's Sprout Is A Bold Attempt to Reimagine The Desktop PC
- The Apple Pay Challenge: Lessons Learned From My Week Without A Wallet
- The Apple Pay Challenge: Hey, This Thing (Mostly) Works!
- iPad Air 2 And iPad Mini 3 Review: The Best Tablets, Made Slightly Better
- The Apple Pay Challenge: Can I Spend A Week Without A Wallet?