Harry McCracken is the technology editor for Fast Company, based in San Francisco; in past lives as a tech journalist, he was editor at large for Time magazine, founder and editor of Technologizer, editor in chief of PC World, and a contributor to Cnet, Discover, Slate, Family Circle, and other publications.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- A Smarter OnePlus Unveils Its Second Smartphone, The OnePlus 2
- Microsoft's New GigJam Collaboration App Deconstructs Tasks Into "Molecules Of Work"
- Slack's New Emoji-Based Reactions: Way, Way More Than A "Like" Button
- Why On-Demand Shipping Service Shyp Is Turning Its Couriers Into Employees
- Do The Simple Thing First: The Engineering Behind Instagram
- Instagram's All-New Search & Explore Features Will Change How You Use Instagram
- Hands On With Sync 3: Ford Gets Its Connected-Car Mojo Back
- Nest Upgrades Its "Thoughtful Home" With A New Camera, A New Smoke/CO Detector, And More
- Amazon's New Kindle Paperwhite: A More Refined Rival To Paper
- With A Major Creative Cloud Update, Adobe Finally Enters The Stock Photography Market
- The Untold Story Of Microsoft's Surface Hub
- eBay's New Apple Watch App Offers "A 10-Second Experience"
- We're Liveblogging Apple's WWDC 2015 Keynote
- With Buyable Pins, Pinterest Finally Adds Built-In Commerce
- Google's Newfangled Inbox Email App Opens To Everybody, Unveils New Features