Gwen Ruta directs Environmental Defense Fund's Corporate Partnerships program. She spearheads its work with leading multinational companies to develop innovative, business-based solutions to environmental challenges and to drive change through the corporate value chain.
Ranked #1 among environmental organizations for credible and effective partnerships by the Financial Times, Gwen’s group has kicked off transformations in market sectors from catalogs to shipping to retail to food service.
Partner companies have included Wal-Mart; Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts; UPS; FedEx; DuPont; McDonalds; and Citigroup.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Smart Energy Management Takes More Than Technology
- Companies Save Millions By Hiring For Corporate Sustainability
- Using Open Innovation To Bring The Gulf Of Mexico Dead Zone Back To Life
- Can Open Innovation Save the Planet?
- We Are All Going to Be Naked Soon: Radical Corporate Transparency
- Let's Cash It in Now
- If You Build It, We Will Come
- Hunting for Energy Treasure