Emily Badger is a writer in the Washington, D.C., area, where she writes about cities, sustainability, public policy, and strange ideas. She's a contributing writer at the Atlantic Cities and has written for Pacific Standard, GOOD, the Christian Science Monitor, and The Morning News. She tweets at @emilymbadger.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Crazy Maps Show The World Organized By Human Activity
- Can These Crazy High-Tech Tree Structures Get More People Into Green Space?
- A New Generation Of Smart Homes Designed For America's Wounded Veterans
- A DIY Kit To Determine If Your Water Is Contaminated
- Beautifully Mashed-Up Photos Show The Glory And Wreckage Of Detroit
- A Tiny City Built To Be Destroyed By Cyber Terrorists, So Real Cities Know What's Coming
- The Strange Joints Of Google Maps Show The World's Changing Seasons
- San Francisco Invents The Tech Chamber Of Commerce
- Fascinating Infographics And Gorgeous Photos Document Our Deadly Chemical Industry
- Spying On Our Walking Habits With Kinects, To Create Smarter Spaces
- Cleaning Up Polluted Land With ... Race Cars?
- Amazing Photos Of Animals In The Wild, Snapped By Hidden Automatic Cameras
- Visualizing The Biggest Questions In The World, In Stark Black And White
- Will Cities Of The Future Be Filled With Vertical Slums?
- How This Texas Town Owns The U.S. Naval Ship-Recycling Industry