Drake Baer is a contributing writer at Fast Company, where he covers work culture. He's the co-author of Everything Connects, a book about how intrapersonal, interpersonal, and organizational psychology shape innovation, due out in February. Email him: dbaer at fastcompany.com.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Taking Breaks--You're Doing It Wrong
- The Neuroscience Of Trusting Your Gut
- How Square Is Structured For Rapid Decisions, Awesome Products
- The Secret To Changing Your Habits: Start Incredibly Small
- One Surprising Reason You Never Have Enough Time
- How To Tell If You Are In A Dysfunctional Relationship With Your Boss
- Why Openness To Experience Is The Key To Creativity
- Why Hustling Helps People To Become Insanely Successful
- Performance Reviews Don't Have To Be Absolutely Awful
- How To Create Your Own Luck
- Feeling Anxious? Why Trying To "Keep Calm" Is A Terrible Idea
- Ready To Finally, Really Think Outside The Box? First, Look Inside
- Careers, Identity, Alienation: Confronting That Terrible Question: "So, What Do You Do?"
- Does Google Need Managers?
- Why Carving Out 5 Hours Every Day For Difficult Work Can Lead To Greatness