Drake Baer is a contributing writer at Fast Company, where he covers work culture. He's the co-author of Everything Connects, a book about how intrapersonal, interpersonal, and organizational psychology shape innovation, due out in February. Email him: dbaer at fastcompany.com.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- 3 Dumb Ways We Jockey For Status
- Your 2013 Productivity Gift Guide
- The Easiest Mistake To Make With Your To-Do List
- 6 Unconventional Tools For Quicker Creativity
- Tim Ferriss On Why Outsiders Hold The Secret To Learning New Skills
- 5 Surprising Ways Writing Makes Your Life Better
- The 6 Secrets Of America's Happiest Workplaces
- How Dali, Einstein, And Aristotle Perfected The Power Nap
- At What Age Are People The Most Creative?
- 4 Ways To Make Your Showers More Productive
- Is Starting A Company A Terrible Decision?
- Taking Breaks--You're Doing It Wrong
- The Neuroscience Of Trusting Your Gut
- 7 Free Productivity Hacks For Bootstrapping Entrepreneurs
- How Square Is Structured For Rapid Decisions, Awesome Products