I am a young entrepreneur who started my first company at 20 during my MBA program at the University of Miami. Our first project was the creation of RealVibes.net, later renamed Realvibez.tv, a leading online destination for Reggae, Dancehall and Soca videos, first launched in February 2002.
I am the co-founder of Random Media, an integrated media and entertainment firm focused on Caribbean entertainment and culture, as well as co-founder of Kaizen Interactive, a digital marketing agency.
Experience and Achievements
- Secured deal for my venture (through the Realvibeztv channel) to become YouTube’s first Caribbean media partner - venture now part of YouTube’s new rental program
- Random Media has signed distribution deals for e-book versions of a number of Caribbean books in the Amazon Kindle and Apple iBooks stores
- Interviewed numerous times about using social networks for business, previously built up a Facebook fan page for Jamaica to over 55,000 fans in less than 2 years that is now being used by the Jamaica Tourist Board
- Asked to endorse a book on entrepreneurship The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur alongside Donny Deutsch, Host of CNBC’s The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch
- Contributed a chapter to a McGraw-Hill Publishing book, How To Make Money With YouTube
- A judge for Business.com’s What Works For Business contest in 2009
I was born in Kingston, Jamaica, completed his B.Sc. at the age of 19 and received his MBA in Marketing and International Business from the University of Miami at 22.
My long-term goal is to be a positive role model for young people.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Even Brilliant People Need The Right Opportunities
- Is There Meaning In The Work You Do?
- Business.com Case Study: Ignore The Laughter Of Other People
- Inspiring Others Is Important
- Do You Visualize Your Desired Outcome Before Pursuing It?
- Innovators Are Better Than Inventors?
- My Letter Published In Inc. Magazine October 2008 Issue
- Nancy Pelosi Obviously Did Not Read 'How To Win Friends and Influence People"
- Focus On Needs, Not Wants or Desires
- Awareness is Over-rated, Focus on Positive Opinion
- Focus On Projects With The Most Viability and Potential
- The Danger of Debt-driven Growth
- How Can Your Cup Be Filled If It Is Already Full?
- Blinders Aren't Just For Horses: Business Lessons From Wall Street and Warren Buffett
- TechCrunch50: Yammer.com, the "Twitter for Companies"