A technology strategist for an enterprise software company in the collaboration and social business space.
I am particularly interested in studying how people, organizations, and technology interact, with a focus on why particular technologies are successfully adopted while others fail in their mission.
In my 'spare' time, I am pursuing an advanced degree in STS (Science, Technology, and Society), focusing on how social collaboration tools impact our perceptions of being overloaded by information.
I am an international scholar for the Society for the History of Technology.
Follow me on Twitter at @dlavenda.
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dlavenda
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How The Post-it Note Could Become The Latest Innovation Technology
- How Red Robin Transformed Its Business With Yammer
- Four Lessons In Innovation From The Inventor Of The Laser
- How Rogue Mobile Workers Are Putting Their Companies At Risk
- Once Upon A Time At The Office: 10 Storytelling Tips To Help You Be More Persuasive
- What The Anytime, Anywhere Workplace Really Means For Your Work, Life Balance
- How To Defeat "Choice Overload," And De-Stress Vacation Planning
- Can Activity Streams Save Us From Information Overload?
- Is The Dream Of The Electric Car Headed To A Better Place?
- Are You Ready For The New Mobile Reality?
- How To Make Your Company Just As Productive Outside The Office
- Loafing Online Can Be A Valuable Part Of A Productive Workday
- Tips For Transitioning An Office-Based Company To Remote Work
- Can Next-Generation Video Conferencing Change The Way We Communicate?
- Is Email A Scourge Or Merely A Scapegoat For Information Overload?