A technology strategist for an enterprise software company in the collaboration and social business space.
I am particularly interested in studying how people, organizations, and technology interact, with a focus on why particular technologies are successfully adopted while others fail in their mission.
In my 'spare' time, I am pursuing an advanced degree in STS (Science, Technology, and Society), focusing on how social collaboration tools impact our perceptions of being overloaded by information.
I am an international scholar for the Society for the History of Technology.
Follow me on Twitter at @dlavenda.
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dlavenda
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How To Make Your Company Just As Productive Outside The Office
- Loafing Online Can Be A Valuable Part Of A Productive Workday
- Tips For Transitioning An Office-Based Company To Remote Work
- Can Next-Generation Video Conferencing Change The Way We Communicate?
- Is Email A Scourge Or Merely A Scapegoat For Information Overload?
- The Most Influential SharePoint Experts In Europe
- When Does "Social" Just Mean Not Having To Talk To You?
- 10 Steps For Successfully Launching A New Product Or Service
- Business Predictions That Won’t Come True In 2013
- 10 Reasons Your Social Marketing Initiative Will Fail
- Stuck On Holiday Messages For Clients And Coworkers? Steal These
- "The Wonderful Future That Never Was": What Previous Generations Predicted About Innovation
- Microsoft's Cloud-y Vision For The Workplace Of The Future
- Six Steps To Troubleshooting Your Life
- The Top 25 SharePoint Influencers