David Aaker, Vice Chairman of Prophet consults exclusively for Prophet clients. He is the creator of the Aaker Model™, has published more than 100 articles and 15 books, including his latest, Brand Relevance: Making Competitors Irrelevant, and others including: Spanning Silos: The New CMO Imperative, Managing Brand Equity, Building Strong Brands, Developing Business Strategies, Brand Leadership, Strategic Market Management, From Fargo to the World of Brands, and Brand Portfolio Strategy. Follow David on Twitter.
He is also featured in a chapter of Conversations with Marketing Masters — a collection of insights from some of the world’s most influential marketing gurus. He has been awarded best article awards by the Journal of Marketing and the California Management Review.
Professor Emeritus at the Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley, he has been awarded four career awards including the 1996 Paul D. Converse Award for outstanding contributions to the development of marketing.
David is also an advisor to Dentsu; an active speaker in the U.S., Asia, and Europe; and is on the Board of Directors of California Casualty Insurance Company and the Contra-Costa Food Bank.
He received a Ph.D. and M.A. from Stanford University and a B.S. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- David Aaker: What was your biggest mistake?
- 4 Reasons Companies Are Timid About Investing In "Big" Innovations
- What We Can Learn From Japan's Top Brands
- David Aaker: How Do You Deliver Bad News?
- Planned Parenthood's Unplanned Branding Bonanza
- What Happened When UC Berkeley's B-School Cherry-Picked Students Who Personify Its Values
- Patagonia, A Trailblazing Brand That Walks The Walk