Cy Wakeman is a national keynote speaker, business consultant, New York Times best-selling author, and trainer. She is a significant thought leader and favorite blogger on FastCompany.com and Forbes.com
After a successful career as a counselor, Wakeman has spent over 20 years consulting with some of the biggest companies in industries ranging from manufacturing, banking, government, high-tech, and healthcare, to help them incorporate reality-based concepts into leader and employee training programs.
Wakeman is a highly sought-after conference headliner, delivering over 150 keynote programs and reaching a combined audience of over 250,000 annually. She holds a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation from the National Speakers’ Association, placing her within the top 3 percent of speakers worldwide. Wakeman also received the 2012 Outstanding Leadership Award from the World HRD Congress in Mumbai.
Wakeman’s first book, Reality-Based Leadership, is a straight-forward and practical guide for leaders who want to reduce office drama and improve personal accountability with their teams. Her new book, The Reality-Based Rules of the Workplace, looks at this issue from an individual employee perspective. For more information visit realitybasedleadership.com.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Get Accountable, Get Happy: 4 Ways to Increase Engagement at Work in 2015
- Fight the holiday urge to slack at work! 5 things you can do now that will pay off in the New Year.
- Overcoming "Us vs. Them" Challenges
- Do You Have A Minute?
- Women Leaders Cause Drama?
- How to Be a Better Leader
- One Word That Will Boost Your Powers of Persuasion
- One Word That Will Boost Your Power of Persuasion
- Defuse Negativity at Work
- How to Stay Relevant in a Changing World
- Help! My Boss is a Nightmare.
- Abandon your BMW
- The Four Myths of Employee Engagement
- Turn Your Stress and Suffering Into Peace and Productivity
- How to Motivate Employees (Hint: You’re Doing it Wrong!)