Art Markman, PhD is a professor of Psychology and Marketing at the University of Texas at Austin and Founding Director of the Program in the Human Dimensions of Organizations. Art is the author of Smart Thinking and Habits of Leadership. Art’s next book Smart Change comes out on January 7. This book focuses on how you can use the science of motivation to change your behavior at work and at home.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- The Importance Of Ritual To The Creative Process
- Ask The Experts: My Coworker Is Unethical--Should I Tell On Him?
- A Field Guide To All The Jerks You Work With
- How To Frame Negotiations So You Won't Dread Them
- Ask The Experts: I Like My Job But The Culture Is Toxic--Should I Quit?
- Ask The Experts: I Don't Agree With My Company's Politics, What Should I Do?
- Ask The Experts: I'm Shy. How Can I Get Noticed At Work Without Being Totally Uncomfortable?
- What If You Worked For A Boss Like Former American Apparel CEO Dov Charney?
- 3 Ideas For Navigating Change In The Office Without Freaking Everyone Out
- Ask The Experts: I've Been Unemployed For Over A Year, How Do I Stop Feeling Like It's Hopeless?
- Our Modern Work-Life Problems Have Been Around For Hundreds Of Years
- The Subtle Ways Companies Inadvertently Undermine Their Employees' Trust
- Why Daydreaming And Downtime Can Be Secrets To Innovation
- Daydreaming--You Are Doing It Wrong. How To Make Your Fantasies More Productive
- First Isn't Always Best: When Patience Pays Off