She’s the author of Generation Debt (Riverhead, 2006) and DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education, (Chelsea Green, 2010). Her next book, The Test, about standardized testing, will be published by Public Affairs in 2015.
Her 2011 ebook The Edupunks’ Guide was funded by the Gates Foundation. She was named a 2010 Game Changer in Education by the Huffington Post, received two National Awards for Education Reporting from the Education Writers Association in 2009 and 2010, and was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize in Feature Writing by the Village Voice in 2005. She travels and speaks across the country, and occasionally gives commentary on NPR, CNN and other news networks. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband & daughter.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- Does Ikea Hold The Secret To The Future Of College?
- A New Pursuit-of-Happiness Index For College Grads
- How To Apologize: Lessons From Shia LaBeouf's Blunder (Updated)
- Comcast, Khan Academy Announce Multi-Million Dollar Partnership
- This "Lab On A Chip" Can Identify A Pill's Ingredients
- Amazon Is Releasing Its Upcoming Original Shows In 4K
- This Man Pitched Taco Bell A Doritos Taco Shell 18 Years Ago
- High School Story Gamers Agree: Partying Is Cool, But So Is Battling Cyberbullies
- The 5 Worst Toys of 2013
- 3-D Printed Fashion Gift Guide
- How A Culture Of Fear Can Damage Your Organization
- Chip Wilson, Lululemon's Controversial Founder, Steps Down As Chairman
- Can Your Brain Really Be Retrained?
- Is Peers The Sharing Economy's Future Or Just A Great Silicon Valley PR Stunt?
- Airbnb Video Invites Bill De Blasio's Friends To Come Stay For The Inauguration