She’s the author of Generation Debt (Riverhead, 2006) and DIY U: Edupunks, Edupreneurs, and the Coming Transformation of Higher Education, (Chelsea Green, 2010). Her next book, The Test, about standardized testing, will be published by Public Affairs in 2015.
Her 2011 ebook The Edupunks’ Guide was funded by the Gates Foundation. She was named a 2010 Game Changer in Education by the Huffington Post, received two National Awards for Education Reporting from the Education Writers Association in 2009 and 2010, and was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize in Feature Writing by the Village Voice in 2005. She travels and speaks across the country, and occasionally gives commentary on NPR, CNN and other news networks. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband & daughter.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- This Man Pitched Taco Bell A Doritos Taco Shell 18 Years Ago
- High School Story Gamers Agree: Partying Is Cool, But So Is Battling Cyberbullies
- The 5 Worst Toys of 2013
- 3-D Printed Fashion Gift Guide
- How A Culture Of Fear Can Damage Your Organization
- Chip Wilson, Lululemon's Controversial Founder, Steps Down As Chairman
- Can Your Brain Really Be Retrained?
- Is Peers The Sharing Economy's Future Or Just A Great Silicon Valley PR Stunt?
- Airbnb Video Invites Bill De Blasio's Friends To Come Stay For The Inauguration
- Amazon Lets Parents Say: "No Games Until You Finish Your Homework!"
- This Week, 30,000 Classrooms Are Participating In The "Hour Of Code"
- Late Leader Nelson Mandela's 5 Most Innovative Moments
- Taco Bell, The Late Todd Mills, And The Actual Invention Of The Doritos Locos Taco
- John Maeda, Innovative President Of RISD, Departs For Silicon Valley
- Zombie Drones! Hacker Finds A Way To Hijack UAVs