Ainsley O'Connell writes about education and technology for FastCo.Labs. She previously reported for The New York Times, Forbes, and Newsday, and more recently worked as a product manager and education consultant. If you bring her a Lou Malnati's pizza from Chicago to New York, she will be your friend. Follow her on Twitter at @ainsleyoc.
MORE BY THIS AUTHOR
- How The Word "Entrepreneur" Got Too Popular For Its Own Good
- Kaplan Enters The Fast-Growing Market For Digital Skills Training
- Investors Say Lawbreakers Like Airbnb, Aereo, And Uber Are Increasingly Worth The Legal Bills
- Why Education Startup ClassDojo Is Entering The Messaging App Wars
- This Education Startup Will Keep Your Kids From Getting Too Dumb This Summer
- Is The Startup Prize The New Startup Accelerator?
- How The Next Stage In Circa's "Modular Content" Model Works
- Amid General Outcry Over Student Data Privacy, BrightBytes Wins Schools' Trust And Raises $15M
- Inside Erlang, The Rare Programming Language Behind WhatsApp's Success
- Can These Consumer Apps Crack The Education Space?
- What This Legendary Piano Maker Can Teach Every Product Team
- Why Every Software Product Is A Ticking Time Bomb
- How This Ed-Tech Startup Reached 7 Million Students Without Charging Schools A Dime
- The State Of The Union Should Be A Product Demo, Not A Policy Speech
- How Facebook's Mobile Ad Network Could (Finally) Upend A Backwards Industry