The top 50 companies in entertainment, media, sports, technology, and more.
Meet this year's inspiring leaders.
A showcase for ingenious design solutions.
New workplaces, new food sources, new medicine—even an entirely new economic system.
How the top talent from creative fields get work done.
Created for and commissioned by Workday.
The up-and-coming companies that are disrupting industries.
Aaron Arnold is CEO of MusicIsMyBusiness (MIMB), one of "America's Smartest New Companies led by people
under 30," according to Inc Magazine. He is a graduate of Florida A&M University where he studied print
journalism and PR with a minor in marketing and theatre. Upon graduating, he was blessed to work at four of the
top five global PR|marketing firms in NYC and Chicago. After 3.5 years in corporate America, he followed his
passion and took an unpaid intern-assistant job with Sean "Diddy" Combs for 18 months.
“I launched my own music company with the goal to change the way business is done in the music industry,” said,
Aaron, a south-side Chicago native.
MusicIsMyBusiness recently debuted there very first music video, “Run-It-Back”, which debuted on MTVMusic at #2. You can view the MTVversion at mtvmusic.com or the unedited version at
youtube.com/musicismybusiness. They also launched a campaign encouraging people to download the song via
iTunes. Heavyweights like Sean “Diddy” Combs have already gotten into the act encouraging his fans to support
via twitter. They have also produced songs for “Major” artist including the first single for Jive Artist, Kentrell and a
remix for Sony Australia Artist, Jessica Mauboy.
Aaron has made press appearances including:
• He appeared on CNN for a live interview as the network recognized him for being a “Young Person Who Rocks”,
which honors people under the age of 30 who impact and inspire the world
• GQ Magazine’s "The Gentleman’s Fund" nominated him for his contributions to the United Nations World Food
• He appeared on VH1's new show "I Want to Work for Diddy." The VH1 special highlighted some of Diddy's past
assistants and how they used the experience to transcend in their careers
• He appeared in Inc Magazine as a case study consultant and featured as the CEO of one of “America’s Smartest
New Companies led by people under 30”
MUSICISMYBUSINESS is a integrated music company creating a new space in music and business. Based in
Atlanta, they house three divisions including:
• MIMB Music (houses artists, producers & writers and DJs)
• MIMB TV, Film, & Animation
• MIMB Marketing & Brand Development
In addition to working with their in-house artists, writers and producers…MusicIsMyBusiness has also consulted
for brands such as ESPN, Heineken, McDonalds, The United Nations’ World Food Organization, Grammy Winner
Bryan-Michael Cox and MTV’s Making The Band, Platinum Selling Artists, Danity Kane. MusicIsMyBusiness is
supported by a team of young and innovative individuals who believe that music is the soundtrack to life as
illustrated through music's immense historical and modern influence on the world. These young stars include: Chief
Music-Technology Officer & Music Director, Jason Murdock and Charles “Chizzy” Stephens, Director of Music
and Dominique Brown, COO. MusicIsMyBusiness also has an internship program for High School students in
Aaron has been invited to speak at the following:
• He was named to Florida A&M’s 2010 top 40 under 40 Alumni in it’s inaugural year of presenting the award
Inc Magazine’s “Inc Magazine CEO Round-Table”
• The Congressional Black Caucus’ Third Annual Emerging Leaders Town Hall panel: The Evolution of Politics
and Empowerment moderated by CNN's Roland Martin
• A black-tie event hosted by Vh1 for super star singer Chilli from the Grammy Award Winning group TLC and
Atlanta's Mayor Kasim Reed; Aaron presented Music Is My Business’ "On The Cusp" leadership award to Mayor
Reed which is an award Music Is My Business created to award the next generation of game changers and go-
getters in business, philanthropy and entertainment.