The amazing organizations that received the Fast Company/Monitor Group Social Capitalist Awards have found a better way to do good: They're using the disciplines of the corporate world to tackle daunting social problems. In our second exclusive ranking, we used a similarly hard-nosed approach to find the 25 best social entrepreneurs.
This special section builds on the article in the January 2005 issue and includes details about our methodology, profiles of our various advisers, position statements contributed by the winner and finalist organizations, an interactive SlideShow focusing on business lessons -- and ways to donate to the organizations involved.
The Top 25 Groups That Are Changing the World
(Includes information on how to make a donation and get more involved.)
- The Change Masters
- How do you solve the world's problems? With creativity, passion, and the savvy to turn scarce resources into big impact.
- Why We Do This
- More information on the ideas behind the Social Capitalist Awards.
- The Profit in Not-for-Profit
- The Monitor Group on how to measure success.
- Social Capitalist Project, Explained
- Information about how we define "social capitalism," our selection criteria, our methodology, and the role played by the Monitor Group.
- The Rising Stars
- Two particular finalists that have enormous potential.
- Social Capitalist SlideShow
- Learn the leading lessons from the winners.
- Methodology Board
- Profiles of the advisers who helped develop our methodology.
- Nominating Board
- Profiles of the people who helped nominate the initial organizations whose work is notable for its ingenuity and results.
- Expert Advisers
- Profiles of the advisers we approached for specific domain expertise.
- Project Credits
- Fast Company and Monitor Group team members who helped make the Social Capitalist Awards come together.